how to tell what matters and what you can forget.
It's normal to get caught up some days.
You've completed all of your to-dos, and yet, you feel unaccomplished.
If you don't stop and figure out what's going on through your mind, you're fucked.
Enough wasting time.
Let's get into the steps to figure out what's important and what you can leave behind.
Ask yourself these questions:
- When I woke up, what excited me? That wasn't hitting the snooze...
- Where did my attention go when I stopped working? Ah, fuck!
- If I had to be honest with myself, how would my day look if I had complete freedom? Don't choose something so cliche as a beach paradise with a daiquiri... please don't
- If an ambulance came and picked my dead corpse off the street right now, what would I have wanted to be doing all day? That was graphic
What you can forget
Try these questions on for size:
- Can I think back to the last thing that got me angry (or maybe I'm angry right now (scared face)). Am I still upset about this? Why? That was rhetorical. But seriously, why?
- What's a reoccurring fear I keep envisioning? This is your mind playing games with you
- For how long did I look in the mirror while getting ready this morning? And how many people looked at me? And what happened because of it? I'm not saying give up hygiene.
- When did I begin to think I wasn't capable of achieving everything? Damn you parents!
So once you have these answers, go ahead and separate the two buckets by placing a line between the top 4 answers and the bottom 4.
Label the top as Desire. Label the bottom as WTF.
Then, take one of these explanations: (what/how/why/need), and assign 1 each to 1 bullet point for both the Desire bucket and the WTF bucket.
So it should look:
(In whatever order you decide.)
It's important to first look at the Desire section. Your what is trying to tell you what it is you want. The why and what combined, is the reason you're making this all happen everyday in whatever you're doing. That how is what's going to get you to freedom. And the need is something you should consider doing more of.
Then forget about the WTF column. Like I mentioned earlier, this was not important :)
Cheers and happy holidays. Relax if life has you beat down a little. It's soon to be a new year.
Make it happen!